Could not ping from one router to another in L3 VPN.This problem isonly seen when the destination route isbeing leaked in two different VRFs.
VE201---vrf-a-----| |----- vrf-a----VE101
The following steps are performed.
Performed on R2:
- R2 has two vrf - a and b.
- Importing directly connected network of vrf b (172.16.100.0/30) to vrf a.
- Now vrf a and vrf b will advertise the same route to R4.
- vrf b of R2 is importing routes from vrf b of R4.
Performed on R4:
- R4 has two vrfs - a and b as well.
- vrf a of R4 is importing directly connected network 172.16.200.0/30 of vrf b in vrf a.
- R4 vrf b is importing routes from vrf a and vrf b of R2.
- The default load sharing is disabled in BGP, so vrf b of R4 is installing 172.16.100.0/30 route via vrf a of R2.we
With this setup,we cannotreach (ping) in vrf b or vrf a from R4to network that are learned from R2 (vrf a or b).