In firmware 9.21 Extreme added a feature called Probe Suppression.
- RSS threshold (Adjustable “Cell Size”)
- Reduce the number of Probe Response.
- Prevent clients with RSS below the threshold from associating
- Configured per radio (Enable/Disable and Threshold)
- Disassociate “Sticky Clients”
- Occurs 5dBm below the suppression threshold.
- Prevent them from re-associating to the AP.
- Encourage/Force roam to better AP.
- Configured per radio (Enable/Disable)
1. Click AP
tab > Click AP in question
2. Click Radio-1
> Click Advanced
3. Enable options "Probe Suppression" and Force Disassociate"
4. Set RSS Threshold to -65 (Client will be disassociated 5dBm below this, so at -70dBm he will get disassociated and try to connect to closer AP).
5. Click Close
then SaveNote: Can complement Minimum Basic Rate in effectively controlling size of service cell, higher Minimum Basic Rates will cause the client to roam out faster if it can not achieve the rate set or higher.