The following log at the debug level would provide the explanation about the same:
- In the topology mentioned above, the MVR is enabled in the SW1 and SW2 which are part of the EAPS ring.
- Since it is an EAPS ring, we have the multicast sender and receiver VLAN in all the EAPS ring ports.
- MVR is enabled on the switches SW1 and SW2 for redundancy.
- The IGMP join from the receiver would be received on the port 2 of SW1 in the VLAN receiver.
- Since MVR is configured in the VLAN sender, the expectation would be to forward the multicast traffic to the receiver VLAN on port 2 after the IGMP join is received.
- However, by default, MVR does a port check and will not forward the multicast traffic to the port if that port has the sender VLAN added. This is an expected behavior.
<Verb:IPMC.MVR.portCheckFail> Port 2/Receiver, failed MVR rule check for cache, 198.51.100.1/188.8.131.52/receiver, as by default packets are not forwarded to ports shared by ingress MVR vlan.