ExtremeXOS Release 15.4 and above provides the following OpenFlow enhancements:
- ExtremeXOS Release 15.4 and above increases the number of OpenFlow VLANs supported to the memory scaling capabilities of the platform.
- Adds VLAN ID editing functions (VLAN ID add, strip, and modify).
- Adds source and destination MAC modify actions to the platforms that can support it.
- Supports the increased scaling of simple L2 flows by including the use of the FDB table to support OpenFlow flows.
- Adds OpenFlow platform Demo support only for BlackDiamond X8, and BlackDiamond 8K chassis platforms using select interface cards. OpenFlow will work with a single MM/MSM module. Failover with dual MM/MSM‘s is not supported.
- Provides the ability for multiple OpenFlow controllers to be configured to support high availability.
- Provides for VLANs to be configured for OpenFlow control. The same port on a switch can support both OpenFlow-managed, and non-OpenFlow managed VLANs.
ExtremeXOS Release 15.7 and above provides the following OpenFlow enhancements:
- ExtremeXOS Release 15.7 contains an upgrade to version 1.3 of the OpenFlow protocol.
- The OpenFlow Group table is supported for MPLS flows only. Otherwise, only a single table is supported in this release.
- L2VPN with Static Pseudowire and Static MPLS Tunnel (via OpenFlow Vendor Extensions).
- MPLS Label Switching (for pseudowire only).
- Forward between Normal VLAN/VMAN and OpenFlow Pseudowires using standard Ethernet flooding and learning.
- Enable OpenFlow controlled traffic and normal traffic to be sent and received on the same VLAN/port.
- Continued support of OpenFlow capabilities and scale that exist in ExtremeXOS 15.4.1.