- When the switch is configured with Primary and Secondary Radius server, and Netlogin is enabled for MAC and Dot1x on port
- Radius authentication for dot1x and MAC will be initiated to primary server.
- When there is no reply from primary server for 3 seconds, two retries (count 1 & 2) will happen to the primary server.
- If there are no replies from primary server, radius will switch to secondary server (count 3) and access request should happen for both dot1x & MAC. But the request is sent only for MAC (undesired behavior).
- When there is no reply (for count 3) from secondary server as well, radius will again switch to primary server and last retry (count 4) will happen.
- If there are no replies from both server, then authentication will fail.