Either the switch or the G3's I/O Module has to be replaced. In order to identify the root cause, please follow the steps below:
- Connect the PC or laptop to the console port of the G3 switch.
- Configure the terminal emulation program to logging the information that will be printed on the terminal window.
- Open the terminal emulation session.
- Log in to the system by typing the username admin and password (just press the Enter key if you have not configured a password for the system yet).
- Insert the IOM in the guide rail of the slot.
- If the switch resets, collect the data and save the file.
- Repeat the steps 2-7 using the same G3 I/O Module in other slots of the chassis.
If problem repeats every time you insert a the G3 I/O Module into any available slot of the chassis, then the I/O Module may be at fault, otherwise the problem could be with one specific slot of the switch.
If you need assistance troubleshooting the reported behavior, please contact the GTAC. See article How to contact Extreme Networks Global Technical Assistance Center (GTAC)