- Lower MTU per Microsoft recommendations:
- Perform this procedure if you have routers or firewalls that are not capable of performing fragmentation.
- The recommended Framed-MTU value in this circumstance is 1344 bytes or less.
To configure the Framed-MTU attribute:
- Click Start, click Administrative Tools, and then click Network Policy Server. The NPS console opens.
- Double-click Policies, click Network Policies, and then in the details pane double-click the policy that you want to configure.
- In the policy Properties dialog box, click the Settings tab.
- In Settings, in RADIUS Attributes, click Standard. In the details pane, click Add. The Add Standard RADIUS Attribute dialog box opens.
- In Attributes, scroll down to and click Framed-MTU, and then click Add. The Attribute Information dialog box opens.
- In Attribute Value, type a value equal to or less than 1344. Click OK, click Close, and then click OK.